So, before knowing what blog writing is all about let’s first understand what is a Blog.
A Blog is an online journal or an informational website that display information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first.
It is a platform where a writer or writers share their views on a particular subject.
You might be wondering, how is a blog different from a website. So, if we put it from a visitor’s perspective, the content on a static website will not change from one visit to the next. The content on a blog, yet, has the potential to offer something new each day, week, or month, depending on the blog owner’s publishing schedule.
A blog is more than an Article with words; it’s a brand that solves a problem.
Let’s now move on and try to understand why is blog writing so popular in today’s world and how does it help businesses.
Blogs have become a new source of information.
Blogging is one of the most valuable tools that businesses use to engage the customers and create awareness about their product. If you’re not blogging, it’s time to get started or you get left behind.
Here are some reasons that make blogging an important part of your marketing tools:
- Your blog fuels SEO. Search engines crave for valuable content and will reward you if your content is actually worth it.
- According to a HubSpot survey, 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers.
- Your content marketing efforts greatly depend on the blog that you post. It’s food for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email newsletters, e-books, etc.
- It gives your company a voice. A blog is a platform to talk about new products or services, comment on timely news topics or industry trends, and share company initiatives beyond your website. It’s also the place to let your brand’s personality sparkle and show people what your company is all about.
- A blog creates a two-way conversation with customers, prospects and industry peers. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback.
- A blog builds confidence, relationships, and sales. Customers will look at you as a reliable source for information on your industry; then come to you to buy.
- Blogs are cost-effective marketing investments. Every post you publish is a long-term asset that gives great returns in the form of building brand awareness and promoting your expertise, products, and services.
- Gives you insight into your audience. Blog analytics allows you to track readers, click-through popular topics, share, and comment. You can even tell the day when the users prefer to read your blog.
- And last but an important point, you don’t have to be a professional designer. You don’t need any mastery in graphics skills to post a blog. Many blogging platforms like WordPress and Hubspot ease your work and provide a platform where you can easily post a blog.
Some tips for writing Blogs
Today, people and organizations of all occupations manage blogs to share everything like observations of an industry in which they are a rising expert, criticisms, suggestions, experiences etc.
So, just writing a blog is not what businesses want, but what is important is that the blogs must convert. You really have just 2 – 3 seconds to grab your user’s attention and convince them to click and actually read your blog.
Here are some of the points you must know before writing a blog:
- Know your audience: It is very crucial for you to know that whom are you writing for, who is your target group.
- Write a compelling headline: What is the first thing that would attract you when you search for something? Yes, you’re right. A catchy and relevant headline that just matches perfectly to your search. We humans judge a book by its cover and a blog post by its title.
- Write the blog in a proper structure: Formatting is crucial for blog posts. There’s nothing worse than reading a blog post that’s just one giant paragraph. Most of the time people skim through the content before they actually decide to read it, so break your article with subheadings.
- Use Bullet points: Since we know that people skim before they read, you need to make sure to highlight your best information in the form of subheadings. Also, Bullets make it easier to go through the content.
- Add Images: Human brain processes visual content faster than it processes text. That’s why adding creative and engaging images can help boost your customers’ involvement.
- Optimize your content for SEO: good blog posts revolve around the basic Search Engine Optimization(SEO) rules: the use of keyword optimized titles, a decent keyword ratio, keyword anchor text, start and end your blog with the use of targeted keywords.
- Ask For Action: You are writing for a reason – to connect with the readers and trigger an action. You should always end a blog with something that fuels a desired action from the customers; however, be extremely vigilant about using your blog posts to ask readers to buy things. That could definitely backfire.
Great companies consistently post blogs and promote them. Those blogs deliver valuable, factual and explanatory content that’s optimized for search. They have catchy titles and drive the readers to perform a specific call-to-action after reading the content. If your blog lacks the above things, you have some work to do.